I found this cake recipe on allrecipes.com ,and it’s my absolute favorite red velvet cake. I’ve never used any other recipe ,but on the original recipe there are alot of changes made from the original that make it good. Here is the recipe with the changes in it. There are alot of steps ,but this recipe really doesn’t take as long as you think.
Perfect Red Velvet Cake
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 ounces red food coloring
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1. Grease two 9 inch round pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Make a paste of cocoa and food coloring. Set aside.
- 3. Combine the buttermilk, salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, cream together the oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the cocoa mixture.
- 5. Beat in the buttermilk mixture alternately with the flour, mixing just until incorporated.
- 6. Stir together baking soda and vinegar, then gently fold into the cake batter.
- 7. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
can this recipe handle fondant easily?????
Login To Leave A Comment