I got this recipe from another website and made a few adjustments. I was very pleased with the results. The cake was moist and had a nice soft crumble to it.
Amount Ingredient 3 Eggs 1 1/2 cups Sugar 6 tbls. Butter, softened 1 1/2 cups Vegetable oil 3/4 cups Cocoa powder 3/4 Cups Soured milk 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract 3 1/3 cups Flour 2 1/4 tsp. Baking powder 2 1/4 tsp. Baking soda 1/4 tsp. Salt 1 1/2 cups Boiling coffee 1 1/2 cups Chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour three 9″ round baking pans.
1. Add first seven ingredients into a mixing bowl, mixing well in between each ingredient.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and soda, and salt and add to mixing bowl.
3. Fold the boiling coffee into the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
4. Mix well.
5. Pour batter equally into each of the pans.
6. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips into each pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
8. Let cakes cool for 10 minutes on a rack, then remove from pans.
9. When completely cool, ice with Chocolate Motherlode Frosting (Chocolate Motherlode Frosting).
10. Coat with nuts if desired.
Chocolate Motherloadom Frosting:
1 lb fine-quality semisweet chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbls sugar
2 tbls light corn syrup
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1. Finely chop chocolate.
2. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart saucepan bring cream, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil over moderately low heat, whisking until sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove pan from heat and add chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted.
4. Cut butter into pieces and add to frosting, whisking until smooth.
5. Transfer frosting to a bowl and cool, stirring occasionally, until spreadable (depending on chocolate used, it may be necessary to chill frosting to spreadable consistency).
6. Spread frosting between cake layers and over top and sides.
Sounds YUMMY. Nothing better than chocolate. Do you taste the coffee at all?
You cannot taste the coffee.
Dumb question here- is soured milk the same as buttermilk?
The amount of sugar seems low for the amount of flour. 10.5oz sugar to 13+ oz flour??
Login To Leave A Comment