A yummy recipe to use when you don’t know what to do with left over cake. Once it has cooled you can eat it as is or you can pour ganache over it if you want. Any flavour of cake will work.
Although called flan, it´s not as custardy as your usual flan.
Muffin custard (Flan de magdalena)
- 3 3/4 cups of leftover cake or cupcakes, crumbled
- 1 small can of sweetened condensed milk (non-fat works fine)
- 1/2 cup of milk (1% is OK)
- 3 large eggs
- caramel to coat mold
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF for 20 minutes.
- 2. In the meantime, mix the cake crumbs, condensed milk, milk and eggs, and combine well.
- 3. Coat a bundt mold with caramel sauce (you can use dulce de leche)
- 4. Place the mold in a bigger baking dish and pour one inch hot water up the side of the bundt mold.
- 5. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean but moist(check before the 35 minutes, it might be different depending on your oven)
- 6. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to eat.