This is a great easy yellow cake. Its moist and firm so its quite delicious, and easy to frost without crumbing. This is also a very neutral flavored cake, so you can use anything from Fondant, A Plain butter cream, or as festive as a Raspberry jam filling, or cream cheese chocolate frosting
Martha Stewart’s Hot Milk Cake
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more for pan
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Lightly butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine eggs and sugar. Beat until very thick and the batter falls from the whisk in a thick ribbon, 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat milk and butter until simmering in a small saucepan. Add to the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream as you continue beating until combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer, and fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and starting to pull away from the sides of the pan, 55 to 60 minutes.
- 4. Remove from oven, cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using an offset spatula or a knife, loosen the cake form the pan. Invert onto a wire rack. Re-invert onto a serving plate. Frost, and serve.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment