Here is a cake recipe that my mom got off the back of a Hershey’s Cocoa tin back in the day. It is very chocolatey and moist. And very, very easy!!!
Wacky Cocoa Cake
- Dry ingredients:
- 3 c. flour (all purpose)
- 2 c. sugar (gran.)
- 1/2 c. sifted cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. water
- 3/4 c. cooking oil
- 2 Tbl. white vinegar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix together.
- Stir in the wet ingredients til moistened. You don’t need to use a mixer for this can be done by hand.
- Put into a 9×13 cake pan that is greased and floured.
- Place into a 350* oven for @ 30 mins or til cake pulls from sides of pan.
- Cool, and frost with your favorite frosting (very good with just plain ol’ whip cream)