These cookies are so simple and easy to make. You can vary the treasures in your cookies, but my favorite is with Rolos.
Hidden Treasure Cookies
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 Rolos, each cut into 4 pieces
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar, the butter and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
- Mold portions of dough around pieces of caramels to for 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set but not brown. Roll in powdered sugar while warm. Cool completely on wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.
1 Cookie: Calories 85 (Calories from Fat 45); Fat 5g (Saturated 3g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 40mg; Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1g
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment