I made up this recipe using a traditional cheesecake recipe and making a few additiond and changes. This is such a fun alternative holiday dessert, and everyone loves it!
Candy Cane Cheesecake
½ pkg chocolate wafers
¼ C butter (melted)
24 oz. cream cheese
1 C granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
¼ C milk
9 candy canes ( crushed)
1 C Chocolate ganache
Crushed candy canes for garnish
1. For crust, butter a 10-inch spring form pan. Line with parchment paper. Press combined ingredients into bottom of pan. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375° In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Add eggs and egg yolk, beat until blended. Stir in milk. Fold in candy cane pieces.
3. Pour filling into crust lined pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes for an 8-inch pan, 35-40 minutes for a 9-inch pan, or until the center appears nearly set when shaken.
4. Cool in pan on wire rack.
5. When completely cool, cover top with warmed ganache and garnish with crushed candy cane pieces. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.