I have been baking these for years. They are very hard to keep around!
Coconut and Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies
- Coconut and Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies
- Yields about 3 dz.
- 9 Tbl. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 c Cake flour (not self-rising)
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ c Unsweetened coconut
- 6 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 c Sweetened condensed milk
- 1. Cream 8 Tbl. Butter and the sugar until fluffy with the paddle attachment.
- 2. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until fluffy
- 3. In a med. bowl, whisk together flour, baking, soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter and beat on low until combined.
- 4. Add the coconut, and beat until combined.
- 5. Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper into a 10×15 rectangle about 1/8 thick. Transfer dough to baking sheet and chill at least 1 hour.
- 6. Place the chocolate and remaining Tbl. Butter in a double boiler. Melt completely, about 2 min, and remove from heat.
- 7. Stir in the milk. Let sit until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 8. Remove dough from fridge. Peel off top piece of parchment. Using an offset spatula, spread the melted chocolate over the dough.
- 9. Using the bottom piece of parchment for support, roll the dough into a log. Wrap in parchment and chill overnight.
- 10. Heat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with paper. Remove the plastic from the log, and cut into ¼ thick rounds.
- 11. Place the rounds on the sheets, spaced 1 ½ apart, and bake until pale golden around edges, 8-10 minutes.
- 12. Transfer cookies to rack and cool.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment