This is a very tasty filling for any kind of cake. It’s easy to make and not very expensive to make, but tastes like you spent a fortune.
Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 8oz. block cream cheese
- 1 small box of lemon instant pudding
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar (may use more or less depending on your taste)
- Mix cream cheese in mixer until smooth. Add milk and pudding and beat until thickened.(About 2-3 minutes). In seperate bowl, whip sugar and whipping cream until peaks form. Fold into pudding mixture and stir by hand. Refrigerate until ready to use.
I made this filling and my customer loved it- thank you! I had so much left over though, I froze it just in case I could use again. The same customer is calling now for another cake with this filling... wondering if anyone knows if this will be ok after being frozen and also the best way to defrost? Thank you!
I made this filling last night. It was easy to make but I felt like it needed more flavor. The lemon flavor was very light and the whole filling seemed to lack flavor. I used 3 tbsp of sugar, instead of two, and I think it could have used more...but mabye that's my sweettooth talking? The recipe made a good amount. I need to taste it again today to see if the flavor intensified, I hope so.
How far ahead of time could a wedding cake be made with this filling? Wedding is Friday evening. I wanted to frost and decorate on Wednesday.
Login To Leave A Comment