Yummy Bavarian Creme
- 2 Tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- In a small bowl, stir together the gelatin and cold water. Set aside to soften. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Stir a small amount into the egg yolk mixture, then stir the egg yolk mixture into the hot milk until well blended. Whisk in the softened gelatin and vanilla. Run through a strainer, and allow to cool.
- When the mixture has cooled almost to room temperature, whip the heavy cream to medium stiffness and fold into it. Refrigerate until ready to use. Makes 4 cups.
Had a request for Bavarian Creme filling. I had all these ingredients so gave this recipe a try. Was nervous because it was runny when I first mixed it together, so glad I made it the night before because it was set by morning. Once again nervous that it wouldn't hold up as a cake filling. When they cut the cake, there was a nice layer of filling inside! The customer loved it and said that it was exactly what she was looking for, thank you!
Login To Leave A Comment