This recipe is from the Cake Mix Doctor’s Cupcake book. It is absolutely fabulous. It is smooth, rich and creamy. I was trying to find a delicious chocolate frosting and I was referred to this one. After I tried it, all I could say was “WOW!” This is the best chocolate frosting I have ever had!!! I can’t say enough about it – it is sooo good!
Chocolate Syrup Frosting
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted (measure out 3 cups first and then sift)
- 1 tablespoon milk (whole or 2% preferred)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the butter, cocoa powder, and chocolate syrup in a large mixing bowl. Blend on low speed until just combined. Add the sifted sugar, milk and vanilla and blend on low until the sugar is combined. Increase the mixer to medium-high speed and blend 1 minute longer, until smooth and spreadable. Add a little more milk or sugar if needed.
- (I made this with 1% milk because that was all I had in the house, and it was still amazing!!! I didn’t notice any difference. I also didn’t have to add any additional milk or sugar – it was perfect just the way the recipe was written)