The addition of peanut butter chips puts a new twist on this carrot cake.
Autumn Peanutty Carrot Cake
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 (10 ounce) package REESE’S® Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round baking pans.
2 Beat eggs, oil and vanilla in large bowl. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and cinnamon; add to egg mixture and blend well. Stir in carrot, peanut butter chips and walnuts; pour into prepared pans.
3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. 10 to 12 servings.
4 Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat 2 packages (3-oz. each) softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter until smooth. Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; beat until smooth.