This cookie will melt in your mouth. I love it and I wanted to share it with the cakecentral family. Enjoy!
- Whipped Shortbread
1 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1. Beat the butter until fluffy, beat in the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time until light and fluffy.
- 2. Sift together the flour and cornstarch then mix into butter mixture 1/3 at a time to make smooth dough. (if you add too much at a time, it will cause lumps)
- 3. Drop by teaspoonful one inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Press each cookie slightly with a fork.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 -25 minutes till set. Do not let the tops brown.
- I like to drizzle melted chocolate over them once they’re cool