pastry is a term used in India to refer to any cake made with a fresh cream filling or frosting. The most popular ones are the Black Forest and Pineapple pastries.
Pastries are usually made with fat-free sponge cakes where all the sponginess comes from the eggs.
- For the Sponge:-
- 1). Eggs 4.
- 2). Castor sugar 4 ounce
- 3). Plain flour 4 ounce
- 4). Baking powder 1 tsp
- 5). Vanilla essence few drops.
For the Filling :-
- 1). Pineapple tidbits 1 can.
- 2). Icing sugar 2 ounce.
- 3). Fresh cream whipped 12 ounce.
- 4). Pineapple syrup 1/2 cup.
- 5). Cherries as required.
- Firstly, Beat 4 eggs and 4 ounce sugar tilll light and fluffy.Add 1 tsp vanilla essence,4 ounce flour and baking powder.Mix all the ingredients well and spread it on the baking tray.Bake for 25 mins at 180 C,Remove and cool.
Cut the cake into halves from centre,brush the inner side with pineapple syrup,spread whipped cream,top with pineapple chunks,cover it with second half of sponge,cut into pastries…
Decorate the cake with pineapple,cream and cherries