This is a great classic white cake recipe!
Classic White Cake
- 6 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 12 egg whites
- *Preheat oven to 325°F.
- *Grease bottom of pans and line with waxed paper or parchment paper, or use Wilton Cake Release.
- *Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- *Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- *Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Set aside.
- *With a mixer at slow speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with milk. Beat well after each addition. *Beat in vanilla extract. Gently fold egg whites into batter. *Pour into prepared pans.
- *Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.