This is a great fudge cake, I always get compliments on it!
Chocolate Fudge Cake
2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon Wilton Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups milk
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. 1. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light in texture.
3. Add eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture. Beat thoroughly.
4. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk,
beating well after each addition.
5. Add melted chocolate and beat thoroughly. Brush two 8 or 9 in. cake pans with Wilton Cake Release or generously grease pans with solid vegetable shortening and flour.
6. Pour batter into pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.