I live and breathe by this recipe I know it by heart and each time I make this recipe its always delicious.
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Butter Unsalted (softened)
- 4 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1. Sift your sugar
2. Cream together shortening and butter in a medium size bowl until light and creamy.
3. Slowly add the confectioners sugar cup by cup until fully incorporated.
4. Add the vanilla and the salt.
5. Slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream on medium speed making sure that you scrape the bowl down. Keep adding and mixing tiny bits until you get the consistency your looking for.
Does this recipe have to be refrigerated?
Yeah, im wondering about refridgeration also. Sounds like yummy frosting!
does this buttercream crust???
this buttercream sounds awesome!
Yes it does need to be refridgerated And yes it does crust, very slowly though
hi mariebra this is one reciepe im going to try for a cake next week i have used the wiltons reciepe not to keen on it thanks fruit- cake
I tried it last week and I have to say, I will never use another. This is the most delicious buttercream I've ever eaten. It really is incredible.
sounds delicious! is it also good for roses?
Is this buttercream "too sweet" I use a recipe that is sort of like this but I only use a 1/4 teaspoon of salt and it is still so sweet that people can hardly eat it! Thanks!
Hi, can u use this recipe for cover fondant cakes? Thanks!!
how much does this batch make? I'm trying to cover a 2 layer 12", 2 layer 9"< and a 2 layer 6". How many batches should I make?
oh and does it smooth easy? Does the viva paper towel method work with it?
A tiny salty, but very tasty nonetheless! (That could be my problem, not the author's!) Thank you for the recipe!
Thank you, i will try it tomorrow for another cake and i will come back to let you know how it went ;-)
Login To Leave A Comment