This recipe doesnt use any molasses or complicated ingredients. Itâs quick, easy, tasty, and rolls out nicely and is easy to handle (itâs very forgiving so its kid friendly if not rolled too thinly). It doesnt spread when baked, as you can see from my pic the edges are still sharp (cakecentral.com/gallery/2190524).
I got the recipe from AllRecipes, but have tried it myself and its wonderful! Not too gingery (like that burny ginger flavour), and nice and chewy!
Recipe yeilds about 1-2 dozen, depending on cookie size.
PS: I dont think Iâd make a Gingerbread House with it, cos its still soft after being baked (doesnt bake hard).
- * 1 (3.5 ounce) package cook and serve butterscotch pudding mix (unmixed)
- * 1/2 cup butter
- * 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- * 1 egg
- * 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, cream together the dry butterscotch pudding mix, butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon; stir into the pudding mixture. Cover, and chill dough until firm, about 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets. On a floured board, roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness, and cut into man shapes using a cookie cutter. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are golden at the edges. Cool on wire racks.
Thanks so much for posting! I'm going to definitely give this recipe a try!
Only a pleasure, please PM me a link to the pics when you're done :) - Tails (I dont know why it posts my posts under a different name, I'm NOT my2princesses!)
Hi - Is the pudding mix instant or regular? I cant wait to try this - thank you for posting it!
Hi amusingtreats, I think it's the instant pudding. The one you just add milk to the powder and whisk it up to get pudding.
Thank you!! I am making the cookies tomorrow:)
I made this last year and it is simple and delicious. Shapes come out great, they are easy to roll. I decorated and packaged them and my 2 year old GD loved them. I doubled the recipe and used just one box of instant vanilla pudding cuz couldn't find butterscotch. Tasted great but imagine that the butterscotch would add a richer flavor.
Login To Leave A Comment