This is my go to recipe. My 10 year old is my biggest supporter and worst critic. If he doesnât like it you know it and if he does he will tell you. He took one bite of this recipe (I had made cupcakes to try it out) and he said it was the best yellow cake ever! Give it a try.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour(sifted)
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk(whole or 2%)
- 2 1/2 tbls vegetable oil
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter(salted)
- 1 1/2 tbls vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
1. Mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and pudding mix.
2. Add milk, vegetable oil, butter, vanilla and almond extracts, beating on med/med high until well blended.
3. Add the eggs again beating until fully mixed.
4. Pour into prepared pans and bake.
I bake all sizes at 325 and use The cake strips made by Wilton so cakes come out level.
This recipe is enough for 1 layer of a quarter sheetcake
how many cupcakes ?
It makes about 30 cupcakes
How long do you cook this on 325?
For cupcakes about 20-22 minutes. Every oven is a little different so bake until toothpick comes out clean.
Can this be used for a birthday cake? How long is the cook time for a cake?
Bake time will depend on size of cake, temp, how much batter etc... Should be approximately what other recipes are. Make sure toothpick comes out clean. If it is underbaked it will sink once it comes out. HTH
Do you sift the flour before measuring or after measuring?
Can you taste the almond? Looking for a yellow cake recipe but don't like the almond flavor
Do you also have a recipe for chocolate cake? I tried searching but couldn't find one on here.
I think I will use butter extract i really dont like almond flavor at all...thanks though...
Login To Leave A Comment