This is my go to recipe. My 10 year old is my biggest supporter and worst critic. If he doesn’t like it you know it and if he does he will tell you. He took one bite of this recipe (I had made cupcakes to try it out) and he said it was the best yellow cake ever! Give it a try.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour(sifted)
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk(whole or 2%)
- 2 1/2 tbls vegetable oil
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter(salted)
- 1 1/2 tbls vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
1. Mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and pudding mix.
2. Add milk, vegetable oil, butter, vanilla and almond extracts, beating on med/med high until well blended.
3. Add the eggs again beating until fully mixed.
4. Pour into prepared pans and bake.
I bake all sizes at 325 and use The cake strips made by Wilton so cakes come out level.
This recipe is enough for 1 layer of a quarter sheetcake
wow! My daughter and I just made this recipe, we got sick of all the dry recipes we found on the net.
I am glad you liked it!
I'm about to make this recipe because im so tired of dry cakes...and the taste...i want something that taste good , so i really like how this recipe sounds, let you know how it came out...thank you for sharing!!
Login To Leave A Comment