1. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lightly butter two sandwich tins, each with a diameter of 20cm.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, and then slowly add the beaten egg.
3. Fold in the sifted flour and spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tins.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool and then remove from the tins.
5. Whip the cream until thick and use it to fill the sponge with the jam.
6. Dust liberally with icing sugar to serve.
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam
- 500 ml double cream
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min