A real chocolate lover’s delight. Ground pecans can be used in place of the walnuts. Decorate with coffee beans or candy, if desired.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups finely ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2 In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, stirring until blended. Remove from heat and let cool.
3 In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed of electric mixer for about 3 minutes, until thick and lemon-colored. Stir together ground walnuts and flour; gradually stir into egg mixture.
4 Stir 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur and the vanilla extract into the chocolate mixture, then stir into the batter until well blended. Pour batter into a 9 inch springform pan.
5 Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven or until top is set. Cool cake in pan. Remove metal ring and place cake on a serving plate. Dust the top with confectioners’ sugar. Stir together 2 ounces melted chocolate and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur. Drizzle over cake.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment