My grandmother has made these cookies for as long as I can remember. Now I get dozens of requests for them all fall and winter.
- 1 16oz can of pumpkin
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- 2. In a large bowl combine canned pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil and egg. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking power, cinnamon, salt an baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- 3. Add milk, vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Drop by spoonful on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.5. Allow to cool completely, then store in an airtight container in a cool room or the fridge. If stacking the cookies, separate each layer with parchment paper. They taste best if stored this way for a couple days.