- 300 g butter
- 300 g sugar
- 2 tsp vanillasugar (selfmade)
- 8 eggs
- 400 g ground hazelnuts (I´m not sure how many cups do you need for 200g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 26 Ferrero Rocher
- 700 ml cream
1. Preheat oven to 356 degrees.
2. Prepare cake pans by spraying generously with original Pam. Place an inverted flower nail in the center of each pan and spray with Pam as well.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter. Add the sugar and vanilla sugar and beat until light and fluffy and continue beating.
4. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, one at a time,beating well after each addition,
5. With the mixer set on low speed, add the ground hazelnutzs and baking powder to the eggs mixture.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pans ( I use 32 cm diameter),and bake 45-50 minutes. or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes with moist crumbs attached.
7. Cool the cakes in the pan on wire racks for 10 minutes. Runa knife around the edges, and then invert the cakes onto a rack to cool completly.
8. The Rocher balls crush, either mash with a fork in a bowl, crush, or with a hand blender or mixer. (Though the chocolates were previously in the freezer, they are pretty hard). Whip the cream until stiff and mix with chopped Rocher. Now fill the sponge so, cover and weigh down on it and in the refrigerator, preferably overnight, so everything is nice and firm.
9. then cover with ganach or buttercream and now it´s ready for fondant.
Here’s a link to instructions on how you can fill the pie so the filling does not come into contact with the fondant
sorry for my bad English, I should practice some more …:-)