I combined a few recipes to create this fun summer cookie
- Sugar Cookies:
- *any sugar cookie recipe will do, but this is the one I use
- 2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, soften
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring (optional)
Sugar Cookie Frosting:
- 4 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 5 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Fresh Strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners’ sugar and shortening until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring if desired
- frost the bottom of one sugar cookie and sandwich it together with another sugar cookie
- frost the top of the cookie
- place a fresh sliced strawberry on top