While playing around with WASC recipes this is one I came up with and absolutely love!
- 1 box golden yellow cake mix
- 1 cup graham crackers ( processed in food processer until a fine powder)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- generous dash of salt
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
1.In mixer bowl add all dry ingridients and mix it until all is combined.
2. Add the wet ingridients (I just dump them all in at once) and mix for 2 minutes ( dont forget to scrape the sides and bottom of your bowl to ensure all the dry ingridients have been incorporated.
3. Pour into prepared pans and bake at 325 degrees (time depends on pan size)
4. cool completely
5. Fill cake with chocolate ganache and marshmallow cream
6. Cover in melted ganache or chocolate bc! hope you enjoy!
Sounds delish! Can't wait to try this, and thanks so much for sharing! Kat
What chocolate ganache recipe did you use? Also is there a recipe for marshmellow cream? or do you buy it already made up? Sorry:) new at this.
I tried something similar and my marshmallow creme just oozed right out, how did you keep it between the layers?
Marshmallow Creme 2 sticks butter, softened 1 jars (7 oz) marshmallow creme or fluff 4 oz of cream cheese, softened 1 to 2 cups confectioners’ sugar Instructions Beat butter and cream cheese on medim speed until creamy. Add marshmallow cream until combined. Add the confectioners’ sugar slowly. Increase speed and beat until fluffy (3-5 min)
I use this recipe that i found here on cake central
Ganache Ingredients 16 ounces chocolate, chopped (bittersweet or dark) 1 cup heavy cream 1/2 cup unsalted butter Instructions 1 Place the chopped chocolate in a large heat safe bowl 2 In a large, high sided saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until it just starts to boil. Watch carefully as it will boil over pan in a matter of seconds. Immediately remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate. 3 Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Cool completely and then store in refrigerator.
bakerliz- I doubled my dam, Filled cake with the ganache when it was cool but before it was completely set. Then added the marshmallow cream (this helped the marshmallow cream to kind of set with the ganache) HTH
Login To Leave A Comment