I was asked to share this recipe after posting pictures. This is a tweaked version of other recipes I found online. I took what I liked of several and came up with this one. It’s by far my favorite cupcake recipe. You can sub in any cocktail you like.
- Cocktail Cupcake Recipe
- 1 Box white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups Margarita (mix up a margarita of cocktail of choice to your liking use a cup and a half and save any extra for icing)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbl vegetable oil
- 1 Tbl extract or zest (depending on the flavor I use lime zest of margarita, orange extract for fuzzy navel ….you get the idea)
- Combine all ingredients mix on low for 30 sec and high for 2 min.
- (bake according to box instructions for size of cake or cupcakes)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 2 Tbl of extract used in cake
- 2 Tbl Cocktail
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 5 cups Powdered Sugar
- (I add more sugar or cream to get desired consistency)
Combine all ingredients mix on low for 30 sec and high for 2 min.
(bake according to box instructions for size of cake or cupcakes)
Mix all ingredients and add more sugar or milk to get desired consistency.