This frosting goes great on the Oreo cupcakes. Tastes just like the creamy part of the Oreo!
- 2 lbs of confectionerâs sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick of butter, softened
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup warm water (start with 1/2 cup and add more a little at a time for desired thickness)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter flavored extract
- 1 cup of Oreo crumbs made from the reserved sides (without cream) of the cookies (see cupcake recipe)
- About 30 mini Oreo cookies for garnish (optional)
1. Beat shortening, butter, and water together (remember to start with 1/2 cup of water and add as needed for consistency).
2. Gradually beat in half of the confectionerâs sugar until creamy.
3. Add the vanilla and butter extract.
4. Beat in remaining confectionerâs sugar until creamy adding additional water 1 tbsp at a time to obtain desired consistency.
Generously frost your Oreo cupcakes and apply a mini Oreo for garnish. Enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk!
Note: If frosting will not be used right away, store in an air tight container.
Do you add the oreo crumbs at the end? Thanks! Oh, also in the cupcake recipe it says to only use half of the oreo cookie, but the picture looks like both sides of the oreo are used. Is the pic deceiving and I should just use half a cookie? I am looking forward to making these this week. Thanks for helping!
You call for Oreo crumbs but never say to include them, are we to fold them in at the end?
Can this filling go in a cake covered in fondant. Because the cake doesnt get refrigerated. Can it stand out. I worry about the butter. I always make my cakes the day before I need it.
Login To Leave A Comment