This frosting goes great on the Oreo cupcakes. Tastes just like the creamy part of the Oreo!
- 2 lbs of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick of butter, softened
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup warm water (start with 1/2 cup and add more a little at a time for desired thickness)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter flavored extract
- 1 cup of Oreo crumbs made from the reserved sides (without cream) of the cookies (see cupcake recipe)
- About 30 mini Oreo cookies for garnish (optional)
1. Beat shortening, butter, and water together (remember to start with 1/2 cup of water and add as needed for consistency).
2. Gradually beat in half of the confectioner’s sugar until creamy.
3. Add the vanilla and butter extract.
4. Beat in remaining confectioner’s sugar until creamy adding additional water 1 tbsp at a time to obtain desired consistency.
Generously frost your Oreo cupcakes and apply a mini Oreo for garnish. Enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk!
Note: If frosting will not be used right away, store in an air tight container.