Banana cupcakes with a vanilla pudding/vanilla wafer center, and a vanilla buttercream
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker) plus all the ingredients listed to make the cake on the back of the box
- 3 Large Ripe Banana’s mashed up
- 1/4 cup lite brown sugar packed
- 1 to 1 1/4 tsp banana extract flavoring
- 1 package banana cream pudding mix instant
- 1 package vanilla or french vanilla pudding mix (instant)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 banana
- Vanilla Wafers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powder sugar
Mix all cake ingredients and bake cupcakes according to directions on cake mix box
Bake and cool 24-26 cupcakes in liners
Once cool, cut out center of cupcake for filling
Mix pudding according to box instructions and place in piping bag.
Place a slice or 2 of banana in each cupcake center hole.
fill rest of hole with pudding (I stick the slice of banana in sideways and fill both sides and top of hole with filling).
Cover top of cupcake with vanilla wafer, basically stick wafer on top of cupcake covering filling hole. It will stick to pudding and stay in place.
Make Buttercream. Place in piping bag and pipe swirl on cupcakes. Garnish with another vanilla wafer and crushed wafers on top.
**** Cupcakes are better if you let them sit for a while before eating them and let the wafers in the middle soften *****
You can see a picture in my gallery