This is something I came up with using a few other tricks I learned here on cake central. This cake is really good with a Bavarian Cream Filling. And is a huge hit because of how moist this cake is.
- 1 Box of Duncan Heins Classic White Cake Mix
- 3 eggs (whole) – The box calls for egg whites use whole eggs
- 1/4 cup oil plus the 3 table spoons the box calls for
- 1 3.5 oz package of vanilla pudding mix
- Mix all ingredients according to the box directions but substitue the egg whites for whole eggs and add in the pudding and extra oil. After baking and cooling put your cake inside a bag (like a plastic grocery bag) over night- make sure if you use grocery bags to tie them tight and lock in the moisture. I aslo wrap them in parchment paper when I put them in the bags just for protection and putting more than one cake in one bag at a time.This makes your cake super moist. Tada!! Very Very easy and everyone will think you baked it from scratch tastes nothing like a boxed cake!! Tastes like a true pound cake…