last month my aunt asked me if I know how to make Tres Leche I told her yes but never had tried to do it. this month my niece and friend asked the same question and I gave the same answer. the only difference with my friend was that he asked if I can do this cake with rum. I decided to search and search on line but could not get that one touch. I asked my mom and she said I guess itâs like making rice pudding. you use the same ingredients. so with my research and my moms tweak of sweet cooking I decided to conbine and make my own. this was AWESOME. I had no rum so I used Baileyâs Irish cream which I had purchase at San Juan air port last month on my way back from Puerto Rico. (it came in handy during my baking time). I WAS UPSET WITH MYSELF BECAUSE I HATE WHEN I MAKE DELICIOUS CAKES THAT I CAN NOT STOP EATING.
MY KANGAROO CAKE GRILâ THATS ALL I WROTEâ.
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract (imitation is okay also)
- 6 eggs, seperate whites from the yolk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 11/2 cup of cake flour (all purpose flour is fine if you choose to use)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 14 oz can of condense milk
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 1/2 cup or Baileyâs Irish Cream.
Whipping Cream Frosting
- 1 3/4 cup of Whipping cream
- 2 TBS of confectioner sugar
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- crush pineapples (amount as desire)
- soak the pinapples with the cherry syrup and crush in blender. after frosting garnish as desire. (makes nice presentation.
Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, swirling occasionally, until the butter browns, for several minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
In the bowl, whisk the egg whites, baking soda, and salt on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about several minutes. Add the yolks and whisk until combined. Reduce speed to medium. Add the sugar slowly, in a stream format and mix until combined. Using a rubber spatula, quickly and gently fold in the butter mixture into the egg mixture.
Combine flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sift flour mix over the egg mix in batches. Gently fold to combine. Gently fold to combine. Pour batter into prepared dish and bake until golden or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean, Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
While the cake is baking, whisk together all milks in a bowl. Pour over the cake after cooling. Cover and refrigerate. frost and garnish when desire. ( I did not wait over night. after cooling for about one hour or so, I frosted and garnish. â Thats all I Wroteâ.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment