This is just a very basic easy buttercream recipe that I make in my mixer
- 1/2c vegetable shortening
- 1/2c unsalted butter (1 stick softened or microwave for 5-10sec)
- 1 teaspoon clear almond extract
- 4c ps confectioner sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk (I use 1% but any will work)
1. Put shortening and butter in mixer until well mixed
2. Add almond extract
3. Add sugar 1-2 cups at a time to avoid sugar volcano
4. Mix on speed 1 until all sugar is mixed in
5. Now add 3-4 tbs milk and mix on setting 2.
If you live in a dry climate like I do or you want to thin it for spreading add an additional tablespoon of milk.
Keep in fridge if not using right away. When ready to use let it come to room temp (or micro in 10sec intervals if no time to wait) then mix with kitchenaid again to loosen and fluff.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment