While searching for a Champagne Custard, I came across this, It is wonderful!
- 1 cup dry champagne or other sparkling wine
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons chilled whipping cream
1. in large metal bowl, whisk the champagne, sugar, cornstarch, yolks and corn syrup to blend
2. set bowl over a bain marie
3. whisk constantly until mixture has tripled in volume and candy thermometer registers 160°F., about 15 minutes
4. transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer, beat until completely cool, about 5 minutes
5. in a clean bowl, beat cream to soft peaks
6. fold cream into cooled custard
7. cover and store in fridge until ready to use (can be prepared 1 day ahead)
Can you please tell me what a bain marie is? I have never heard that before.
Login To Leave A Comment