A smothe ganache to use for filling and coating a cake before applying fondant.
- 400g good quality dark chocolate
- 200ml of pure cream/ heavy cream (do not use thickened cream as it has gelatin added)
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS:
- Put the cream in a saucepan and bring to boiling point.
- Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate let it sit for 5 min then mix with a hand whisk until the ganache is smooth. (Do not use and electric whisk, as you will create too many air bubbles in the ganache)
- Allow to cool completely and then leave to set overnight. If ganache is too firm to spread on the cake then pop in microwave for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Put all the chocolate and cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes on high then remove and stir.
- Repeat heating and stirring until the ganache is smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave, cover with plastic wrap and leave for 5 min.
- Shake the bowl a little bit so all the chocolate sinks to the bottom. Then mix with a hand whisk until smooth.
- Allow to cool completely and set overnight.
you have said not to use thicken cream ... so what do i use.. eg double cream ????? I also live in Australia ...so maybe creams may be drifferent .
Pure cream, you will find it at your local supermarket IE coles have Pauls brand pure cream
think double cream(UK) or heavy cream(US) is the same
I love this recepie! From now on I use it on all of my cakes now.I buy swiss chocolate at Aldi and use heavy cream in USA. Thanks for posting.
Login To Leave A Comment