This recipe tastes like lime sherbet ice cream. Summer is coming and this is a summer tasting icing.
- 1 stick margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 box (16 oz.) confectioners sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon key lime zest
- Beat together the margarine, vanilla flavoring, and salt until smooth. Beat in lime zest. With the mixer on low, gradually beat in the sugar alternately with the lime juice and 1-2 tablespoons of milk as needed.