This recipe tastes like lime sherbet ice cream. Summer is coming and this is a summer tasting icing.
- 1 stick margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 box (16 oz.) confectioners sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon key lime zest
- Beat together the margarine, vanilla flavoring, and salt until smooth. Beat in lime zest. With the mixer on low, gradually beat in the sugar alternately with the lime juice and 1-2 tablespoons of milk as needed.
Can I use butter instead of margarine in this recipe?
Absolutely, I think I did use butter instead of margarine. Every time I make this, people comment on how good it is.
Thank you much! Going to try it this weekend.
grandmomof1.... one more question please... is this a crusting buttercream?
There was a soft crust, not as much as some others.
Login To Leave A Comment