All of the marshmallow fondant recipes I see on this website seem to have 16 oz. marshmallows and 8 cups of sugar, while my favorite recipe calls for the same amount of marshmallows but half as much sugar. I’m not really sure how this is possible but this recipe hasn’t failed me yet!
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (16 oz.)
- 1 pound confectioner’s sugar (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Shortening (just for greasing hands and surface)\
- Food coloring or precolored fondant(if desired)
1. Add water and marshmallows to bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir.
2. Repeat step 1 until smooth
3. Stir in sugar
4. Place onto greased (shortening) working board
5. Grease your hands and knead as you would bread dough
6. Grease the fondant and wrap tightly in plastic wrap to be refrigerated
7. To roll out, first microwave for 10 seconds. Then roll out on a board with sugar on it.
8. Knead in the food coloring or previously colored fondant if desired. Wear gloves!!!
I use this recipe for all my fondant cakes and I love it! The taste is good and it makes a smooth fondant1
Could it be mixed in the blender
i tryed a recipe for fondant . it was my very first time doing si but it came really really sweet . with this recipe is it way to sweet or is it just right ?
Login To Leave A Comment