While all of the other marshmallow fondant recipes I have found on this website include 8 cups of sugar, my favorite recipe only uses 4 cups, and the same amount of marshmallows. Though this is the only recipe I have ever used, it works suprisingly well for being so quick and easy. Plus it tastes better than the gross tasting store bought fondant!
- 1 16 oz. bag of mini marshmallows
- 4 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Shortening (for greasing hands and surface)
- Food coloring (if desired)
- 1. Add water and marshmallows to bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir.
2. Repeat step 1 until smooth
3. Stir in sugar
4. Pour onto greased (shortening) working board
5. Grease your hands and knead as you would bread dough
6. Grease ready, fondant and wrap tightly in plastic wrap to be refrigerated
7. To roll out, first microwave for 10 seconds. Then roll out on a board with sugar on it.
8. Knead in coloring if desired. Wear gloves!!!