While all of the other marshmallow fondant recipes I have found on this website include 8 cups of sugar, my favorite recipe only uses 4 cups, and the same amount of marshmallows. Though this is the only recipe I have ever used, it works suprisingly well for being so quick and easy. Plus it tastes better than the gross tasting store bought fondant!
- 1 16 oz. bag of mini marshmallows
- 4 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Shortening (for greasing hands and surface)
- Food coloring (if desired)
- 1. Add water and marshmallows to bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir.
2. Repeat step 1 until smooth
3. Stir in sugar
4. Pour onto greased (shortening) working board
5. Grease your hands and knead as you would bread dough
6. Grease ready, fondant and wrap tightly in plastic wrap to be refrigerated
7. To roll out, first microwave for 10 seconds. Then roll out on a board with sugar on it.
8. Knead in coloring if desired. Wear gloves!!!
How long should it be left in the refigerator?
my marshmellow fondant is similar. I use 16 0z mini marsh, 1/4 cup any flavor Torani or other brnd of expresso syrup (clear uncolored). I use french vanilla alot, but there are other clear flavors that taste great. It is so easy and everyone is surprise when they taste it that sometimes they come back for more cake, but also want more fondant. The kids really love it.
I forgot to add that I also use 4 cups powdered sugar. So only 3 ingredients: 16oz mini. marsh, 1/4 C. clear expresso syrup (like Torani, Da Vinci ect.) and 2 # powdered sugar . Sm. amt. shortening just to roll it out.
oops! I meant 8 approx. C. powdered sugar, sorry.
I made this fondant last night amd I lpve it because it does take a lot of sugar but I used s 10.5 oz of marshmellow amd put 1/2 tsp of butter extract it came out great. I made. It 3 timrs..I love that you don't waste sugar like other receipe that uses. 8 cups of sugar amd this one uses only 4 cups. This will be my favorate
is this recipe recommended for someone who has never tried making fondant before??
Login To Leave A Comment