This is a moist, amazing carrot cake with cream cheese filling and frosting. Everytime I have made it it has come out perfect and everyone loves it! Hope you all do also!
- Carrot Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting (see recipe below)
- 1. Grease and lightly flour two 9×1-1/2-inch round baking pans or grease one 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set pan(s) aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add carrots, oil, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer till combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan(s).
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes for round pans or 35 to 40 minutes for 13×9-inch pan or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool layer cakes on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire racks. Or, place 13×9-inch cake in pan on a wire rack; cool thoroughly. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cover and store in refrigerator. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Cream Cheese Frosting: 2 3-ounce packages cream cheese, softened; 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened; 2 teaspoons vanilla; and 4-1/2 to 4-3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar.
Beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in enough of the remaining powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency.
Sounds so yummy!! I can hardly wait to try it!!
I made this cake over Easter and the whole family loved it. I am getting ready to make this cake for my co-workers. This was so easy to make too.
Yep! This is the same recipe I use! Everytime I make it and look in the bowl and see that ugly glob of brown batter with bits of carrots in it, I think this looks to gross to taste so good once it's baked!!!
does this recipe work for cupcakes?
made this today and really is the best ever carrot cake. will definately use this recipe every time. I was making 1 & 1/2 times the quantity but accidentally put in 3 times on the raising agents - doh! consequently i had to increase the quantity of all the other ingredients and ended up with an entire spare 9" two layer cake! best mistake i ever made considering how good it tastes :o) and now the hubby can take the spare one into work! I'm definately going to try this with cupcakes, its so light i'm sure it would work.
Weird, it only made one 9in round yet it specifies two.... did i do something wrong?!
Is ths good stacking wedding cakes?
So I made this recipe today and though it was delicious... it pretty much grew like a giant in the oven. It caused it to overflow in my 6inch and cupcake pans... and then they completely sunk in the middle. Needless to say, the middles of everything was undercooked- and therefore 2 batches of this ended up being totally inedible. I say it was delicious because I tasted the crust from the muffin tops and what overflowed....but I don't know, something about all these dry ingredients made it grow like bread.
Thank you for the great recipe. I made these into cupcakes for Thanksgiving and my family LOVED them. They have asked that I make them again for Christmas.
uhm, it states carrot cake in the ingredients. Is this a type O or is it supposed to be a carrot cake mix??
Login To Leave A Comment