Feel like a vacation? This yummy dessert has all the flavors of the classic beach beverage. One bite and you’ll be in the tropics.
Pina Colada Torte
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained and divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
1 Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Gently fold 1 cup crushed pineapple into batter. Spoon batter into 3 wax paper-lined 9-inch round cake pans.
2 Bake at 350 degrees F. 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans on wire rack.
3 Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and coconut extract at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping, 1/2 cup coconut, and remaining crushed pineapple.
4 Invert 1 cake layer onto a serving platter; remove wax paper. Spread with one-third cream cheese mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining cake layers and cream cheese mixture, ending with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle top evenly with toasted coconut, if desired. Cover and chill 4 hours.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment