My son loves the Stephanie’s Red Velvet Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory/Sam’s but they are so expensive. This is my version of the cake, since I don’t do red velvet cake from scratch (too difficult for me). You have the option of using the store-bought cream cheese frosting or use the cream cheese frosting you like best. You can also choose to double the cheesecake and make 2 layers of cheesecake
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 containers of cream cheese frosting (or homemade)
- 2 pkg cream cheese, softened (4 pkg if you want 2 layers of cheesecake)
- 1/2 c sugar (1 c if you want 2 layers)
- 2 eggs (4 eggs, if you want 2 layers)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (1 tsp if you want 2 layers)
- Make cake as directed on box and bake in 2 8 in round cake pans. Cool completely. Make cheesecake as follows: Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl untl well-blended. Add in your eggs and beat til just blended. Spray your 8 in cake pan well, since you are not using a crust, and pour in pan. Bake at 325 for 40 min. Its okay if you have some surface cracking since it will be layered. Let the cheesecake cool completely. Start your layering! Cake, layer of frosting, cheesecake, layer of frosting, cake, frosting. You can put your 2nd layer of cheesecake on the top before you completely frost if you decide to go with the whole 4 layer cake. Yum!