I was trying to get a good combination of strawberry and lemonade in a cake without using gelatin. This came out great using the WASC method. I typically have 3 layers of filling and 4 layers of cake in a tier so I did first and last layer of filling with SBC and the middle layer lemon curd mixed with VBC.
- 1 box Lemon Supreme Cake Mix (DH)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pureed frozen strawberries in syrup (thaw first, leave all juice in when you puree)
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
As in directions for “Original WASC cake recipe” I preheated oven to 300F. 1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, I always whisk them together – set aside.
2. I use a stand mixer on low “2″ and blend the last 5 ingredients together.
3. Still keep it on “2″ or low I mix in about 1/2 the dry ingredients, then the other 1/2.
4. Turn mixer to medium “4″ and mix for 2 minutes.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan(s) – I use Pam spray on sides and bottom
and line bottom with parchment paper.
6. Bake on 300F for about 20-30 minutes (depending on size of pan(s) and then 325F for about an equal time.
As with the “Original WASC cake recipe” this makes the batter of about 1 1/2 mixes. I made 2 8″ rounds and they rose beautifully! I also added a little bit of strawberry and lemon extract to my VBC for added flavor!