This recipe is adapted from a WASC method. Super easy and fast to make, moist, dense, and scrumptious. If you are looking for a light and fluffy cake….this is definitely not for you. Great with chocolate frosting (chocolate cream cheese, buttercream or ganache) Maple Buttercream, or Caramel Buttercream.
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Half & Half (Milk, Water, Liquid Coffee Creamer or Heavy Cream may also be used)
- 1/2 Cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas, Mashed (about 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional…but super yummy)
- 1 Cup Flour (I prefer Cake Flour)
- 1 small package of instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
Combine wet ingredients, mixing thoroughly, adding the bananas once other ingredients are combined. Smoother mashed bananas will yield a more delicate cake, chunkier mash will give you more of a banana bread texture.
Incorporate the dry ingredients, mixing well until the batter is mostly smooth, taking care to not over mix or incorporate too much air.
Bake at 325 until a tester comes out clean.
***Baking time will vary based on the pan size and depth. Batter should yield 2- 8 or 9 in rounds.