This is a moist recipie, when I used it to make a purse cake. I did add one egg worth of egg replacer to make it sturdier for sculpting. To make a 13 x 9 in sheet I double the recipie, to make a double layer 6″ cake I divide between two tins.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purp unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup good cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain soymilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee
Optional Extras and Changes
- 1 cup Grated Zucchini (reduce the wet ingredients (oil, milk and syrup) a little for this – zucchini is wet)
- 1 cup Chopped nuts
- 1 cup of roughly chopped chocolate
- Can change the all purpose for whole wheat
- Spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ground all spice, ginger, ground cloves, pumpkin spice)
How does it taste though?
I'll try to guess: it tastes like chocolate.
Login To Leave A Comment