I really wanted to make a pink lemonade cupcake from scratch. I try not to use boxed cakes. I finally figured out something that I love!! Its so bright and wonderful. Then I altered topping that I found here, for my cupcake. I didnât have some of the ingredients, so I improvised and it came out great! Enjoy!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (at room temp.)
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar (200 grams)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- The Zest of 1 Large Lemon
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Juice
- (red food coloring for pink color)
- Topping :
- 16 oz. Whipped Topping (Lite)
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- 1/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- PreHeat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs in one at a time, mixing well in between. Beat in vanilla and lemon zest. Add in red food coloring. As much as desired.
Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and then add to the batter. Now in a small bowl combine lemon juice and Maraschino Juice. Add slowly to batter.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick come out clean.
note: they will look pink and spongy on top.
this will make 20 big cupcakes or 1 9in pan
Combine Whipped Topping and Powder Sugar in a mixing bowl. Add in vanilla, cream of tartar and lemon juice. Combine really well. Once combined put mixer on high and whip until stiff.
Can i use this recipe for un cake,or only for cup cake?
Login To Leave A Comment