I found this recipe online and always thought that it would not work, but I tried it and it came out great, so I wanted to share. This fondant taste and smells like butter cream. This fondant is shiner than MMF and whiter! Check it out and let me know what you think. No microwave or stove needed.
- 1 cup of shortening or butter- (if you want it white use shortening)
- 1 cup of clear corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 2 lbs of powdered sugar
- optional- 1/2 tsp of any flavoring
- Mix the corn syrup, shortening (or butter), salt, vanilla extract and flavoring together in a bowl. Then add a little sugar at a time, about one cup. Mix sugar well before adding more sugar. Dump out of bowl and kneed. Wrap and put it in the refrigerator. Let set for a day for better results.