I use an extended cake mix exclusively (except for pumpkin spice) for all my cakes and came up with this Chai Spice after doing some experimenting. I pair it up with Cinnamon Buttercream. Hope you like it!
- 1 box DH Classic White Cake mix
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon each of ground Cinnamon, Cloves, and Ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon white popcorn salt (found in the popcorn aisle)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup water steeped with 3 black chai tea bags to end up with 1 1/3 cup
- Sift together the cake mix with all of the dry ingredients. Place all of the wet ingredients into a KA mixing bowl and mix on low until blended. Add your dry ingredients and mix on low until just blended. Turn mixer speed up one level and beat for 2 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen cupcakes or (2) 8/9″ rounds, (1) 10″ round or square, a 9×13 or a 10×15 layer. I always bake at 325 degrees so the cupcakes will take about 20-25 minutes. This recipe is great with Cinnamon buttercream!