I was searching for a coconut cake recipe today and I stumbled across one that used a boxed cake mix. I tweaked it a few times and this is what turned out. I am very satisfied with it and the taste and texture is awesome. I tripled the recipe. I able to get 2, 12″ X 2″ layers, 1, 6″ X 3″ layer and 8 cupcakes. I wanted the cupcakes to display around the tiered birthday cake, but I don’t think they will make it! They are too delicious!
- 3 boxes of White Cake Mix
- 1 – 14 ounce can of Cream of Coconut (not a type ‘O’!)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter softened
- 9 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of coconut extract
- 2 ounces of DaVinci Coconut Gourmet Syrup
- 1 cup of flaked coconut
- Measure all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl EXCEPT the coconut flakes.
Carefully, turn mixer on low for one minute until all ingredients are moistened. Scrape the mixing bowl. Turn Mixer onto speed two and mix batter for 3 more minutes. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in the flaked coconut. Measure into pans and Bake at 350*. Bake until directions with your baking pans suggest the cake is done. Remove cake pans from oven and let sit for 10 minutes and remove pans and cool completely. Use as desired.
I hope you enjoy!