This makes a very moist, light-tasting, fluffy cake or cupcake, good with or without icing. If you don’t tell anybody, they won’t know it’s sugar free. If you’d rather make it with regular sugar, just substitute it anywhere you see Splenda listed.
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour*
- 3/4 cup Splenda granulated
- 1 Egg
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter or cooking oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Note: If you do not have self-rising flour, you can substitute 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder to the dry ingredient mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Liberally spray an 8″ cake pan or square baking dish with non-stick spray or grease and flour pan. These guys like to stick, so don’t be shy on this.
In medium mixing bowl, combine flour and Splenda.
In a mug or liquid measuring cup, combine egg and other liquid ingredients. Beat with a fork until the egg is well mixed.
Pour liquid into dry – mix well with fork. Batter will be lumpy – try to break up large lumps, small ones are OK.
Pour batter into prepared pan or baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Cake will not turn brown, so do not go by appearance. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
You can also make 6 regular sized muffins or 18 mini-muffins. Picture is of the mini-muffins I made this morning.