This is an easy pound cake from a mix that holds up well to all kinds of cake decorating. I love this cake…one of my favorites.
- 1 betty crocker golden vanilla cake mix
- 1 yellow cake mix ( Betty, DH or Pillsbury)
- 3 sticks margarine or butter softened
- 1 LARGE package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp butter emulsion or butter flavor (I use cultured butter emulsion)
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Put all ingredients in mixer bowl and mix on very low just until moistened and then turn on medium speed until mixture becomes slightly lighter in color…maybe 1 minute. Pour into greased and floured cake pans just over half full (I use pam baking spray) spread batter out if needed and tap hard on flat surface. Bake for 35-55 minutes depending on pan size. Cake is done when nicely browned and toothpick or skewer comes out clean when incerted within 2 inches of the cake center. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out. Let cakes cool sitting on the flat bottom side. Cool completely…may be wrapped and frozen after cake is cooled to room temperature. Cut cake tops off to level before decorating.