This is a recipe I was making as a s’more filling and as it was coming together I realized how close it is to the consistency of IMBC with out having to boil the sugar, it quick and easy and OH SO yummy!!!
- Makes about 6 cups
- 3 ½ cups marshmallow crème
- 2 ½ cups unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 1/2 sticks)
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
1. In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the marshmallow crème and the butter, starting on low and increasing to medium speed until the mixture is smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Reduce mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar, salt* and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
3. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes more.
* I mix the salt into the vanilla first to dissolve.